Sep 27, 2011

Great Scenes from Old Soviet Sci-Fi Movies

This is my favorite video and I love the colors of  it. It's a short episode of 1959 movie which is called "Nebo Zovyot" (the heavens call). I think they did very great job for making these special effects.

 



This one is ahead of its time. This film is called Ikarie XB 1 (aka Ikaria XB1, Icarus XB1 and Voyage to the End of the Universe) and it is Czechoslovakia's first science fiction film. This 1963 movie tells the story of Starship Ikaria XB 1's 2163 trek to Alpha Centari. ("Voyage" was the savagely cut, English dubbed version released by American International Pictures.)

 



I love those old sci-fi movies. It is so exciting to see how people imagined the future. Watching these kind of movies, make me feel the spirit of those years when people were obsessed with space travel and ideas of futuristic life in space age.


That's all from me.
Fuzz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers