Mar 22, 2011

My Body is a Cage

I still can’t forget one early Monday’s morning. As usually, I was walking to school and singing The Arcade Fire’s song ‘My body is a cage’.
People of my town heard me singing and they didn’t understand a word I sang, because I sang in English; it was unusual for them to hear somebody singing while walking on the street… They looked at me like I was stupid.
But I didn’t care!
It was a dramatic moment.
I was walking along the road while singing this amazingly unique song with lips, shivering from cold. I was cold; I was doing what everyone is supposed to do… I am a slave of my life. We all are. It’s because that our bodies are cages…
I truly love this song. It has very deep meaning and deep feelings…


My body is a cage
That keeps me
From dancing with the one I love
But my mind holds the key…

You're standing next to me...
My mind holds the key....




Taken from the movie 'Nosferatu', 1922

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers